Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Doves Cancel Coachella Appearance

Dammit, first Cocteau Twins and now this?!?!?! FUCK!!!! Well, singer Jimi Goodwin is having problems with his throat and they've had to postpone all their tour dates in the next 3 weeks. Problem is, you can't postpone a Coachella appearance, you can only cancel it. I don't want to be blaming Goldenvoice here, as neither of these cancellations is their fault, but I really hope they come through with a nice addition or two at the last minute. Saturday's supporting cast is getting weaker by the minute, with only a few smaller acts that are necessary to see including Bloc Party, Spoon, M83, UNKLE and Rilo Kiley. Well, I guess I'll have to break out of my comfort zone and go see some bands that I don't know as much about. Hopefully MF Doom, The Kills, Mercury Rev, Sage Francis, Radio 4, Buck 65 and others can make up for this, but damn, this one really hurts.

I guess I should add that Wilco, Weezer, Coldplay, Bauhaus and The Chemical Brothers are also playing on Saturday, so I guess I can't be too upset, but I'm sure there will be at least one scheduling conflict between these bands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home